Friday, March 18, 2011

The Willamette Capitol Criterium Cup On Saturday

This was from the race last year. It pissed rain from the minute we rolled to the line to the moment we stopped.
The Willamette Capitol Cup Criterium is tomorrow in downtown Salem around the capitol (Isn't funny how names work out sometimes.) They have collegete racing in the morning and then the categorized racing in the afternoon.

I believe I have Brison convinced to do the juniors race at 2pm and my race (The category 4/5) is happening right after his at 2:30.

It's going to be kind of wierd to be racing so late in the day. I'm used to waking up at the butt crack of dawn. To drive somewhere in the dark. Then line up with all the other poor schmucks just as the sunrises.

But this will be almost human! I get to sleep in. Have a real breakfast. Get everything ready the day of (For the most part anyway.). This is all exciting and new. I feel like one of the big boys out there.

I'll have pictures and hopefully some video posted up by the end of the weekend.

 Please come out and support some grass roots racing if you can. The racing will be going on for the whole day. And the Cat. Pro 1/2 races are always fantastic. Thanks so much!

Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment