Friday, October 5, 2012

Heiser Farms And Alpenrose Cross Crusade

CrossCrusadeGear.com

This weekend the cyclocross season really kicks off with the Heiser Farms cyclocross race on Saturday in Dayton. Put on by Capitol Velo's sister team (No real relation. Just guys and girls from around the Salem area that ride and race bikes together.) Buy Local Cycling. But also the first race in the Cross Crusade series up at Alpenrose Velodrome up in Portland. Most racer's plates are really full.

My plate is only half full as I will more than likely just be doing the Crusades race. It pains me because the Heiser Farms race is closer and put on by a friend. But as of of this moment I just don't see it in the cards. But it makes me wince when I watch this super awesome video:


Heiser Farms 2012 preview lap from Matt Haughey on Vimeo.

I mean, were those whoops!? Maybe if they promise to take me around on the hay trailer I'll change my mind. Hmmm....

Maybe I'll switch up and do that one instead. We shall see...

I was going to piggy back a tutorial on how to properly glue up tubulars along with the announcement of the cross season really starting in earnest. But I think I've decided to make that it's own post. Just because I like to hook you guys like that.

But what I will do is bring back something that has gotten several mentions on the interwebs as being missed. Which is of course...

Famous Fridays!!!!!

Please, don't ever say I'm not a giver.

Monday I should have some quality pictures up from the race. Since we should have two, (count'em!!) two! DSLR cameras roaming the country side putting the photographers in uncomfortable positions just to get the best shots for you, our special and valued customers.

Like I said, I'm a giver.

So without further ado...



Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment