Friday, February 4, 2011

The First Race of the Year is in Two Weeks!?

The Cherry Pie road race is in two weeks! How can this be!? I haven't trained enough! I haven't lost enough weight! The tubulars must be re-glued! The bike must be tuned! I need to shave off all this body hair (Enough to make a pillow. Sorry, that was gross. True. But gross.)!

I was going through and coming up with my race schedule for this season. My coach Omer Kem from Upper Echelon Fitness had sent me an email about what races I plan on doing this year. And while I started the list, there it was. The first race of the year. In two weeks!? That still blows my mind a little bit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not going into this season totally unprepared. I mean I don't look like this guy~


(Domiano Cunego has seemed to put on a little weight...)

Omer has been working me over pretty well. And I can honestly say that I've never felt stronger on the bike. But I felt that way last year too.  And I still got my ass handed to me on anything that remotely resembled a hill.

I'm sorta hoping that's changed. I don't think I'm ever going to become some super climber or anything. I just don't want to get squirted out the back of the peloton the first time the gradient starts going upward.

Okay, I guess my little bit of panic has subsided. I'm going out on a couple of longer rides this weekend. Barring shitty weather anyway. One easier and one that will probably have me crying by the end (You heard me Matt. So if you hear some whimpering sounds slowly fading away you'll know when I popped.). But as they say, to ride faster you must go faster (I don't know who they are. But that just seems obvious.)

Hopefully I'll be able to hobble my way to a key board next week to let you know how it turned out.

Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment