Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Bucket Load Of Meh

Sorry I haven't written in a few days. For the most part I haven't written because I didn't have anything to write about.

Both the races that I talked about doing this weekend got 86'ed because of work.  It's amazing to me how quickly a weekend with no real plans can go from that, to chock-a-block full of work.

I ended up having to help erect (Huh huh huh, I said erect...) an AM radio antenna (Don't ask.) on Saturday and the Ol' Team Van decided that it no longer wanted to hold it's coolant Saturday night so J and I replaced the radiator on Sunday. And when I say "I". I mean that I watched J do it and handed him parts and tools without getting in the way. But sometimes that's just the way it goes.

Last night I went down to the Twilight Crit in Eugene by myself (Guess Adam watched me drive away wanting to go. Oops. Sorry Adam.)

It was not the best of races for me. The same thing keeps happening. I feel okay. Not great, but  okay.

I don't have a very hard time closing the gaps or keeping my place in the group. But I can't seem to sprint to save my life. I guess I've just been doing to much lactic threshold (Didn't know I knew such technical terms did ya...) work and not enough sprint work.  I talked to Omer and things will be changed in my training to give me some of that. I hope it comes around in time for the OBRA Crit Championships.

That's one of the other big races of the year for me. It's being held in Bend this year. And the course looks awesome!



I'm hoping the altitude doesn't effect me to much. It didn't seem to when I did the Bend Don't Break race there a couple of months ago. But then again a crit is a whole different kind of effort. So I guess we shall see.

Maybe I should sleep up on a cave like a bear on top of a mountain. You know, for altitude training... What!? It could work...



Until then I've got The Black Berry Bramble this Sunday. Which I'm looking forward to. It's always a nice route and I enjoy the company of friends.

I am either going to go do the Salem Short Track XC  race on Monday. Or the Twilight Crit on Tuesday again. I'm not sure which.  If I was a serious stud I'd do both. But quite frankly I'm not real sure I am a stud so...

 I'm either under trained or over tired. I can't really tell to be honest with you. I have a pretty physical job. And it's physicalness has been quite high lately. So I'm leaning to the over tired side. But I could be talked out of that too. I know. I'm wishy-washy.

Hopefully some form starts coming around soon. I would like to give it one last big show before cross season starts. It's funny. I'm already starting to salivate about cross. I guess I'm getting in the mood for a change of scenery.

CrossCrusadeGear.com

Until next time....

Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment