Monday, December 10, 2012

Cycling Gift Ideas For Christmas (The Bigger Presents)

In the last post I went through and did my level best to keep the list to "reasonable" gift ideas. Things that would fit in a stocking (If you shoved them.) and were not ridiculous (I understand my view on this has been very slanted for a long time.) in price (By the way I wanted to throw one more idea in the stocking category and that is T9 Boeshield chain lube. It lasts forever and is a lovely clean lube. Good stuff!) But I also realize that some people wanted maybe something a little bigger to put under the tree. Something with slightly more wow factor. So it's with that in mind that this next list was created.


I have one of these Feedbeck Sports Pro-Elite work stands and I can tell you it is one of my favorite pieces of equipment. Light, strong, functional and good looking (Almost like me.). What more could you ask for?

The Lemond Fitness Revolution Trainer is the sweetest trainer I've ever used. And that's saying something considering how much I hate trainers.

Showers Pass Elite 2.1 (Everything I choose seems to have elite in the title. Hmmm.) is waterproof, breathable, visible and an Oregon based company. All good things.

The Garmin Edge 800 has every bell and whistle that you could ever want or use on a cycle computer and it has a color display. Ooooo! Pretty colors....


A custom set of training wheels from your LBS. There is nothing quite like riding a pair of wheels that were made for you specifically.
 

A great bike rack for the car makes life so much simpler. The Yakima HoldUp is super easy to use. No need to remove wheels. Just drop the bike in, lower the hook, and tighten the strap. Takes 20 seconds and you are on your way.

Massage therapy is one of those gifts that keeps on giving. Especially when it's done regularly. Makes a big difference on sore muscles.

JP's fridge or something close would also be a wonderful present (For me anyway).
I'm going to do one more list. It's going to be the ridiculous list. The dream list. The one that I would start working on if I won the lottery. Why? Because I like to do frivolous things. I mean I write this blog don't I.

After that I'll quit harassing everyone with my lists (For now.) and let the true meaning of the holiday season come through....

EGGNOG!!!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for reading.

Rubber side down,

Big E




No comments:

Post a Comment