Friday, November 5, 2010

Cyclist's Fighting

Note: I suck (not that that is a shocker or anything). I couldn't figure out how to get the HD footage on here from Astoria last weekend. However redemption is at hand! This weekend I have two, count'em, TWO cross races. I shall record both. Especially since I don't now how much longer the man will allow me too. Hopefully my computer will like the smaller video files much better. 



The good ol' Badger having nothing to do with some protesters at the Tour de France.

There is something inherently hilarious about cyclists fighting. I don't know if its the fact that you have a guy that's 5' 5" tall and 130lbs soaking wet with a brick in his pocket trying to act tough. Or if it's the spandex and shoes skittering about trying to hit or avoid getting hit. All I know is that is makes me laugh.

 
Michael Rogers giving it to a shloog at the Tour of California.


Barredo and Costa getting it on wheel style at the Tour de France this year.

Sometimes even when a driver cuts me off and I manage to catch them at the next light. When I'm busy yelling profanity or, eh, um, trying rationally to explain to the person that they just about killed me back there (Neither of these tactics are really recommended BTW. In all my years I've had one driver listen, apologize and move on amicably. But usually they either start yelling back or look at you like they have no idea what you're talking about). I think in the back of my head how ridiculous this must all look to any by stander. I guess it's just the way of the rider. If you have skinny wheels and tights on you are never going to be a bad ass. Unless you like this~




So remember kids. Save the yelling and punching for the ring. Or at least have the decency to wait until you have street clothes on to throw down. You know, like normal people.

The Badger has spoken....

 

Rubber side down,

Big E



2 comments:

  1. Wait... The one thing I might be good at in cycling is getting a bad rap. Think of it as settling differences instead of violence. :)
    Good luck with the video. Let me know if it doesn't go well and I can stop by to try and help - or laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Thanks Martin. I like your spin on fighting with drivers. I'll use that line the next time.

    ReplyDelete