Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Icy Days = Trainer Blues



I can't think of one real cyclist that likes to ride the trainer. For a lot of people its just a necessary evil in order not to undo all the hard work you've put into their fitness. For others its just a fact of life. Where the winters are harsh and the snow is deep most just hide in their man (or woman) caves and poke their heads out like a groundhog come spring.

Around here though we are lucky in the fact that we can ride outside pretty much year around. Sure we'll be soggy when we do it for about 8 months out of the year. But with the proper clothes it can be bearable to down right pleasant.

Before I get out there it always seems worse than it actually is. But I'm always glad I did it (Ok, not every time. There seems to be about 6ish rides a year that I wished I just stayed home. But you get my point.).

But then there are days like today. High of 31 degrees Fahrenheit, snow flurries, and a nice thick layer of ice underneath. And there is no way anyone could be out there unless you have a pair of these~



And even then I think only the truly hardcore would ever actually go out there.

So I have resigned myself to the trainer in the garage. Trying my hardest to make it past the one hour mark (The longest you could ever actually stay on a trainer. Scientific fact.) Dreaming of warmer, or at least sunnier days.

In the mean time I will do my best to be like the Cannibal and spin baby spin!



Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment