Friday, December 10, 2010

Cyclocross Nationals

Adam Craig (Giant-Rabobank) was quite a sight in his cut-off denim shorts.
Adam Craig on his way to win the single speed race. Looking the part of a proper single speeder with his cut offs and rad helmet.


The U.S. National Championships have been going on in Bend, Or for the last few days. With the crescendo happening this weekend with the Elite men and women races happening Sunday. The fact that the national champs are right here is one of those rare treats that must be savored by all who can appreciate it.

Several friends have or are going to compete in the races happening as my little fingers wisp across this key board. Which I wish them all a hearty good luck!

I also know a good number of people that are going to be over there to spectate. And all I can say about that is color me with the jealous crayon. For a brief bit of time I thought I might be able to get away to watch the big dogs eat. But alas it is not to be. But I am counting on some of those friends to set me up with the down low as well as some good pictures (I'm talking to you Dave and Mr. T!). So hopefully they'll have some sweet photos to share this coming week.

To all of you who have competed. Congrats! (Or my condolences. Which ever the case may be) And to those who are about to unless leash the dogs of war. It's time to kick the tires and light the fires big daddy!

Adam Craig (Giant-Rabobank) does a wheelie over the finish.

Rubber side down,

Big E

1 comment:

  1. I woke up this morning and went to go have breakfast at the hotel lobby - you know, those hotel breakfast that taste more like cardboard than anything else. The lobby was filled with all these cyclist types, you know, those types with strong legs and the appetite of a horse. I looked outside and saw the rep van for Felt & Santa Cruz. Heard a girl with a busted arm talk about how sorry she was missing the race on Sunday. Wish I could have stayed.

    ReplyDelete