Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thoroughbreds Vs. Donkeys

Sorry about the previous posts typos and lack of one of the pictures. I believe I have all those glitches fixed. So if you would like to re-read an improved post you can take a look at it here or just scroll down.


 
Many a of you have read my previous post on why they call me Big E. And like a lot of the other blogs, websites, and magazines out there that are on this subject right now. We are all trying to loose weight in the "off season".  It's kinda weird to call it the off season. I mean a two and half month break before the next race doesn't seem much like a season to me but whatever. It's all good.

I really wish however that it did not coincide with the Holidays. Trying to avoid the pit falls of Christmas cookies, carb heavy meals, and julekake ((pronounced; Ule cocka. *giggle* Norwegian Christmas bread)) is not an easy thing for me. Curse you sugar!

But with this time comes a looking at the previous season and assess the goals that were set and achieved within the last year. And to set new ones for the coming year.

The last road season I was a Cat. 4 and I figure I should be a Cat 3 within a reasonably short period of time. Which I am excited about. But with a little trepidation. I got my but handed to me on some of the rolling courses in the spring and while I know I'll never be a climber. I would rather not be dropped on the first real hill either. Which sort of gets me to my point.

An old proverb (I really don't even know if its a old or a proverb but you know what I mean):

You cannot make a donkey into a thoroughbred.

So now your probably wondering what side of this equation I am on. And I would have to say the donkey side. I know, I know. You're shocked and amazed by my admission. But the fact is that with the amount of riding I have already done. If I was a race horse it would have already shown by now.


You would have seen me go up on the road on a solo flyer and actually stayed away. Or go and win several races in a row. But that hasn't happened and it isn't going to happen. That's not to say I don't want to go out there and fight for the ultimate prize. It just means that it's going to take more hard work and a little more luck for me to do it that's all.

So I'm now training to be the fastest ass you've ever seen!


Wish me luck!

Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment