Friday, March 23, 2012

The Turkey Is On The Platter.

Quick note: Today Brison went in to get shoulder surgery for the injuries that he incurred from a mountain bike wreck. Please keep him in your thoughts and hope for a quick recovery. Thanks!



IMAG0396.jpg
And she's a beaut' Clark!
The tandem has arrived and I'm pumped! I haven't felt like a kid at Christmas since, well, Christmas...

Steve had text me earlier in the day to let me know that it was at the shop all snugly in it's box (Huhuhu, I said box...)

So after work I headed down to peer at it. Take some pictures and start to put it together.

A couple things were going to be changed right out of the box. Saddles, a seat post (Only came with one Thomson post. So I traded up to have a matching set.), handlebars (We both really like Bontrager.), and a few other little tiddly bits.


IMAG0397.jpg
I don't know what's more impressive. The huge chainstays or the size of the pie plate. That thing is impressive.

IMAG0398.jpg
The Large/Small seemed to be the best fit for us.
One of the weird things about Cannondale's tandem geometry is that unless you purchase the Jumbo (Equivalent of a 63cm frame.) captain cockpit. You can't get a Medium stoker cockpit. Which would really be ideal for my lovely wife. Evidently the only way a guy would have a tall stoker is if he's a giant. It's a strange logic...  Meh, what do you do? We can make the Small stoker fit her really close. It just won't be a perfect reach to the bars.


IMAG0399.jpg
It's not the only reason that I like the bike a lot. But it dose make me feel all patriotic inside.

IMAG0401.jpg
Somehow with a guy named Big E, this fork seems appropriate.
And of course its Famous Friday as well. So I wouldn't want to disappoint.


The only real James Bond.

In between salvia hits Miley Cyrus found time to cruise around a bit. That's always nice.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Rubber side down,

Big E


No comments:

Post a Comment