Friday, June 3, 2011

Hammer Velo Race Criterium

This is going to be a quick post. I just want to give everyone who read my little note at the beginning of this post from last week. Our friend Jim Henry who wrecked very badly isn't doing very well. He was taken off the coma inducing medicine on Monday and still hasn't regained consciousness. They did an MRI yesterday and I guess it wasn't to good. So please send good thoughts/prayers to him. Thanks.

The Hammer Velo Criterium is tomorrow up in Portland. My race is early in the morning so it's back to my race status of a pee-on.  Getting up at the butt crack of dawn to make to the race on time. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted...

Although I'm looking forward to mixing it up on a new course. I've never done this race before and the anticipation is palpable. Nothing like learning/doing something different to make life interesting.

The only sting about doing this race tomorrow is that a group of my riding buddies are going on a longer ride in the morning. So I had to choose...

And while this wasn't any thing like Sophie's choice~



I still wish I could do both. Meh. What you gonna do?

I'll have a report about the strange goings on this weekend on Monday.

Until then go out and enjoy this one little spot of nice weather. It may be the entire summer. So go and Carpe that Diem!

Rubber side down,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment